WELCOME TO THE WARMHEARTS
This blog was created with the hopes to inspire ourselves. We hoped that THE WARMHEARTS would become our safe place, our escape from reality where we could be ourselves and express ourselves without judgement. Now we hope to inspire you, to move you.
We focus on creating raw and authentic content for you to read. Our 3am thoughts will be yours, dreamy lookbooks, inspiring mixtapes, in-depth interviews, exploration of ideas, electrifying art. It doesn’t stop there.
THE WARMHEARTS Magazine is in the works with the first issue coming 01.01.18.
We are always looking out for collaborations and are very happy to feature your work or have a chat. We are only an email, message away – so contact us, we’ll always reply. Send us a love letter, send us your art, send us a question, or just say hi. If you’re not too sure what we are looking for, take a look at our submit page to find out more.
WHO ARE WE?
Alexandrina has always loved to write which lead her to creating THE WARMHEARTS. Full of emotions she is only just learning to control she has become a bit of a mess. With no place that makes her feel at home she is seeking out inspiration, love, authenticity and adventures to create her own home, THE WARMHEARTS has become that place.
She feels strongly about her passions which include writing, photography, looking after the environment (especially the ocean) and art. She is pursuing them the best she can but the extremely stressful school environment is taking up much her time as she has almost finished her second to last year
When she feels the need to escape reality she does so by writing, travelling, creating art, listening to music and focusing her life around what she loves: astrology, yoga, the ocean, swimming, photography, clouds, flowers, rain, hiking and so much more.
Dru has recently found a love for writing and expressing her emotions, so she happily joined her best friend in being an author for THE WARMHEARTS. She hopes that writing her thoughts out will inspire not only herself but those who read her articles.
With a love for soccer, travelling, art, music, being active and road trips she is always finding something new. She can often be found with Alexandrina doing nothing in particular apart from brain storming ideas, sharing their current thoughts and emotions, modelling with the other snapping away, dancing or hiking.
Dru is excited to see where life takes her but if she has the option to stay in her comfort zone she will, however, she is slowly leaving it to experience things as they come and go, with the help from friends.
LOUISE – writer
ACACIA – writer
WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM?
If you’re thinking that you would like to do more than just submit an article or two then why not apply to join THE WARMHEARTS team. We are always looking to expand our little family and we would love to here from you!
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT:
Becoming part of the team is easy and it offers so many benefits.
– For one, if you decide it isn’t for you then that’s okay. It’s a no lock in contract, so contribute once or every week, it’s up to you.
– You’ll be welcomed into our family with open arms and create friends from around the world. We’ll be there to support you and if you need some inspiration to write we’ll make sure you get inspired.
– You’ll get the opportunity to interview creative and like-minded people. You never know, you might even be able to interview your idol.
– You’ll be able to share your thoughts, express your feelings, create and write about things you love to share to readers all over the world.
If there is something not on the list below that you would like to do for us just flick us a quick email and we can discuss it further. You can also be more than one.
– ARTIST. If you are an artist of any sort then this position is perfect for you. You’ll get the opportunity to publish your work on our blog, in our magazines and on our socials. If there is an upcoming project you’ll be asked to create from prompts, ideas and themes which you are free to interpret.
– PHOTOGRAPHER. If you are a photographer or love photography and are able to produce quality photographs to share on our blog, in our magazines and on our socials then this may be for you. Film or digital it doesn’t matter.
– WRITER. If you love to write and let your thoughts flow free then this is for you. We’re looking for someone to conduct interviews, write reviews, write their thoughts, write about issues, write stories, write about everything and anything. Your writing will feature on our blog and depending on the topic in our magazines as well.
– EVENT/ACTIVISM WRITER. If you are someone who regularly goes to events such as festivals and local events, someone who loves to speak your mind about activism or politics and are able to cover these events/issues then this is for you. Your articles will feature on our blog and depending on the topic in our magazines as well.
– MIXTAPE CURATOR. If you love music and are always putting together playlists then I believe this is the position for you. Your playlists will end up on our blog, in our magazines and even on our socials.
We’re afraid to say there are some requirements. We just really want to make sure you can provide some really good stuff for our blog, our magazine and our socials. We are also really happy to help out if need be.
– Must be passionate, creative and excited. We all are creative in our own ways but combine that with passion and excitement for what you love and you are sorted.
– An ability to meet deadlines and communicate. If you are struggling to finish a piece by the time we asked, if you aren’t feeling it, if you need that day more than please just let us know. Communication is key and we’re quite happy to switch things up for you.
– A portfolio or sample of your work. For each position we would like to see some of your work to make sure you are right for the job.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is probably the easiest step of all.
– One. Send us an email. How simple is that? Of course make sure to tell us who you are and what you want to be. If you’re just curious at the moment don’t bother attaching your work but if you’re keen then please do. If you have your subject line as join the team or something similar we’ll notice it straight away which makes it easier for us to get back to you.
– Two. Wait for our reply. See told you it was simple.